The 6th annual Seattle Beer Week, which has stretched to a 10-day-long beer and food extravaganza, starts tomorrow, May 8 with kickoff events at The Pine Box and Elysian Brewing on Capitol Hill. Meet up at The Pine Box starting at 3:00 p.m. for a celebratory pint before the official 2014 Seattle Beer Week “Six Degrees of Collaboration” IPA keg tapping at the Elysian at 5:00. The Six Degrees beer was brewed in collaboration with Naked City, Pike, Schooner Exact, Georgetown and Black Raven. See below for more Beer Week events on Capitol Hill this weekend:
- Black Raven Brewing will be serving up beers at Quinn’s from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Come meet the brewers!
- Chuck’s CD will be tapping Deschutes Brewery’s 2012 Dissident sour ale, as well as the new delicious-sounding “The Stoic” – a Belgian quad aged in Rye Whiskey and Pinot Noir barrels, along with a few other brews. 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Bremerton’s Silver City Brewery takes over all 12 taps at The Old Sage from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Pallin’ Around With Fal Allen of Anderson Valley Brewing at The Pine Box from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Barleywine & BBQ at The Hopvine, featuring barleywine from Ninkasi. 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- The Pine Box Can Derby, 1:00-5:00 p.m. May the best can car win! See here for more details.
- 3rd Annual Homebrew Competition with Odin Brewing Company at Quinn’s, 3:00-5:00 p.m. Odin brews on tap, too!
- San Diego’s Ballast Point will be pouring a wide selection of their nautical themed beers at Chuck’s CD from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- Elysian Brewer’s Night with San Francisco’s 21st Amendment Brewery at World of Beer. 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Learn all about how to brew your own beer at the Central District Brewing Collective’s How To Brew Night at Chuck’s CD from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- 10 Barrel Beer Dinner with chef Scott Carsberg at The Pine Box.Tickets and more info here.
This is a Capitol Hill-centric list, but Beer Week events are happening all over the city and in select locations on the Eastside from May 8-18, so check out the website for the complete schedule of events. Log in with your Facebook account to add events to your personalized itinerary so you don’t miss out on any beers you’ve been dying to try!